"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Folded Patchwork coasters

There is a new forum up and running on the internet, called The Home Makers' Forum.  It is basically  about making our houses homely, via cooking, sewing, gardening, and looking after our health.  The members post ideas and opinions on the various categories so we can all share in each other's knowledge and tips.  One of the members challenged us to make these folded patchwork coasters, and posted this link to get us started:
Craft Genie's coasters
We were only supposed to make the initial square coaster, but when I looked further in to the Youtube site and saw all those cute coasters, I had to try them all, didn't I?!
They've been around a long time; in fact I've had some given to me in the past and wondered how they were made.  Well, now that I know, guess what I will be making closer to Christmas?
These are the front:


And this is the back.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Look at those shapes! Just as I was doing my octagon, but these are so much simpler. Thanks for the link!

DbrhH. said...

Busy devil you are, will try the other shapes....one day.