"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, August 07, 2017

Strippy block quilt top.

Remember those strips I was making into blocks last month?  Well, I finally ran out of strips which was such a good feeling to see the scraps bin reduced in size!  I took the blocks to the Quilt Shop and moved them around on the design wall in several configurations before I decided to make them up like this.  Our tutor said it was boring and I should have mixed them up, but when I tried doing that, I wasn't happy with the result, so boring it is!   (she wasn't being rude by the way - she is is very creative and helpful - and honest!).  Now, what to use for a border....I saw a similar quilt on Pinterest, and it had no border at all, just made up as a quilt as it was.
Any suggestions?


2 comments:

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Looks lovely, Gina ... I'm glad you went with the half white squares !!
Not sure about a border ... perhaps a tiny black to frame it, then wider white, then black again, or a border made of all the colours, if you have any left over ??

Jane said...

it would look good without a border